Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Deejays Smoke Pit

HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Picked up My Bellies and a Few Things (Read 137 times)
Nov 26th, 2016 at 1:57am

DeejayDebi   Offline
YaBB Administrator
It's all about sharing!
Connecticut

Went to the IGA today and picked up 56 pounds of Pork Bellies (4 sides), another Eye of the Round, 10.6 pounds pf 90% hamburger and 9.6 pounds of chicken thighs.

Got the Pork Bellies trimmed and two rubbed with salt, brown sugar, maple sugar, and course black pepper, one added toasted onion and minced garlic and one spiced for a cured Porchetta. Three are going for equalization cure and one spiced with salt, course black pepper, garlic, rosemary fennel pollen and rolled for a raw Porchetta. I discovered when I went to roll the porchetta I didn't have any more string so I had to pull that bugger into a sausage net - that was fun!  Shocked

The rest I will tackle tomorrow as they will be cooked canned.

Meat_Bellies.JPG (129 KB | 8 )
Meat_Bellies.JPG
Porchetta_002.JPG (136 KB | 8 )
Porchetta_002.JPG
4BelliesCure.JPG (142 KB | 7 )
4BelliesCure.JPG

Debi (aka Mom)
Smokers:
ECB -The Brinkman All-In-One Bullet type Water smoker
Camp Chef Smoke Vault 24 Inch propane smoker(aka -Black Beauty)                      
SunJoy horizontal with side firebox and installed propane grills for grilling or smoking
River Grille - Black Ceramic Egg                  
Smoke preference: Charcoal , Hickory, Apple, Cherry and pecan mix.

Reply #1 - Nov 28th, 2016 at 4:19pm

mneeley490   Offline
Everett, WA

Looks good so far!

Char-Broil American Series side-smoker&&Char-Broil 5-burner propane grill&&22.5" Weber One-Touch Gold&&Stainless steel electric fridge conversion&&MES 30"
Reply #2 - Dec 27th, 2016 at 8:48pm

DeejayDebi   Offline
YaBB Administrator
It's all about sharing!
Connecticut

All smoked and bagged up 3 days of apple, hickory and pecan smoke with a break over night in between then a 24 hour break for christmas. Man it smells good!

The long piece is an eye of the round pastrami, smoked with the bacon and will be steamed at a later time, then sliced and packaged.

3Bellies.JPG (134 KB | 6 )
3Bellies.JPG
Bacon12-16.JPG (115 KB | 6 )
Bacon12-16.JPG
BaggedBacon.JPG (139 KB | 7 )
BaggedBacon.JPG
EyePastrami.JPG (124 KB | 6 )
EyePastrami.JPG

Debi (aka Mom)
Smokers:
SunJoy horizontal with side firebox and installed propane grills for grilling or smoking

Reply #3 - Dec 29th, 2016 at 3:58pm

mneeley490   Offline
Everett, WA

Your title makes me think of a line I once heard from Dean Martin:
I came out to California for arthritis...I finally got it last night. I was hanging out at the bar; picked up a few other things...

Char-Broil American Series side-smoker&&Char-Broil 5-burner propane grill&&22.5" Weber One-Touch Gold&&Stainless steel electric fridge conversion&&MES 30"
Reply #4 - Dec 30th, 2016 at 7:49pm

DeejayDebi   Offline
YaBB Administrator
It's all about sharing!
Connecticut

Grin  I can never just get the case of belies they have so many great meats there!

Debi (aka Mom)
Smokers: