Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Deejays Smoke Pit

HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Masterbuilt 40 Electric Bluetooth (Read 212 times)
Jul 5th, 2016 at 1:33pm

Tatoosh   Offline
Baguio City, Philippines

While it is not set in stone yet, it looks like my smoking may have to be done with an electric unit when I move back  to the USA in a couple of months.  Most of the apartments have "no charcoal" or "no fire" rules. 

I am looking at the Masterbuilt 40 inch bluetooth electric smoker.  It seems to be a fairly good size as electric smokers go. I am a bit worried about Masterbuilt's spotty reliability and customer service.  But I think a cold smoking attachment (Model 20070112) is available for $59 or so.  The smoking unit (Model 20070215) itself seems to vary in price: BassPro has it at $479 while Sam's Club is $329 for the identical unit.Amazon come in at $419.

Since I primarily want to smoke bacon, much of it cold smoked, the Masterbuilt looks like it fits the bill.  However, it can hot smoke ribs or pork shoulders, which I look forward to as well.  And hopefully keep apartment manager happy and off my back.

I will look at using a AMPS pellet smoker too.  I see some folks using them with other Masterbuilt units.  But the Masterbuilt cold smoker attachment looks like it is a no hassle approach to providing fairly long smoke times. 

Steve aka Tatoosh - Northwest USA (soon)
Reply #1 - Jul 13th, 2016 at 7:13am

DeejayDebi   Offline
YaBB Administrator
It's all about sharing!
Connecticut

Bluetooth smokers what will they think of next? I don't know about that mol but many members have like the Masterbuilt electrics. Rev T has a fix if the thing quits on you.

Debi (aka Mom)
Smokers:
ECB -The Brinkman All-In-One Bullet type Water smoker
Camp Chef Smoke Vault 24 Inch propane smoker(aka -Black Beauty)                      
SunJoy horizontal with side firebox and installed propane grills for grilling or smoking
River Grille - Black Ceramic Egg                  
Smoke preference: Charcoal , Hickory, Apple, Cherry and pecan mix.

Reply #2 - Jul 15th, 2016 at 12:24am

mneeley490   Offline
Everett, WA

Tatoosh, take a look at my mailbox mod in this section. Not counting the AMNPS, it cost me a total of about $15 to build, and works like a charm on my MES30.

Char-Broil American Series side-smoker&&Char-Broil 5-burner propane grill&&22.5" Weber One-Touch Gold&&Stainless steel electric fridge conversion&&MES 30"