Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Deejays Smoke Pit

HomeHelpSearchLogin  

ProQ Excel (Read 1046 times)
Jan 7th, 2013 at 6:01am

Jonty   Offline
Yorkshire, Great Britain

My wife and I are treating ourselves to one of these as our joint Christmas present.  I've got a hankering to set up a small food related business and we figured that one way of testing the water and gaining some experience would be to enter a few BBQ competitions.  They are no way as big as the scene you guys have over in the US but I think it would be fun.  Ideally I've got an urge for a large offset smoker, but finding the components to make one is taking a while and the off the shelf ones over here are a bit flimsy for my liking so I'll stick with this till I get all the bits together.  I believe they go under the name of 'Napoleon??' in the US

http://www.macsbbq.co.uk/Excel.html

Reply #1 - Jan 7th, 2013 at 3:53pm

mneeley490   Offline
Everett, WA

Looks a lot like a Weber Smokey Mountain.

Char-Broil American Series side-smoker&&Char-Broil 5-burner propane grill&&22.5" Weber One-Touch Gold&&Stainless steel electric fridge conversion&&MES 30"
Reply #2 - Jan 7th, 2013 at 4:23pm

DeejayDebi   Offline
YaBB Administrator
It's all about sharing!
Connecticut

Those things are great! I love the way you can just add more rings and they snap together. I drooled after one for a good long while. We used to have a post for them and the oner as a member. Haven't seen him either.

Mike it's a WSM on steriods! There as a place in PA selling them for a while don't kno whta happened they seemed to disappear. Each ring clamps together and has it's own door to peek into so you don't loose heat. Saw one at a comp once with about 6 rings. I don't know how they got into it that high but they did! Problem is each ring was like $129. Way outta my price range!

Debi (aka Mom)
Smokers:
ECB -The Brinkman All-In-One Bullet type Water smoker
Camp Chef Smoke Vault 24 Inch propane smoker(aka -Black Beauty)                      
SunJoy horizontal with side firebox and installed propane grills for grilling or smoking
River Grille - Black Ceramic Egg                  
Smoke preference: Charcoal , Hickory, Apple, Cherry and pecan mix.

Reply #3 - Jan 7th, 2013 at 4:31pm

Jonty   Offline
Yorkshire, Great Britain

They are the equivalent of a WSM, apart from in the UK, they are cheaper than the WSM

Reply #4 - Jan 8th, 2013 at 1:43am

DeejayDebi   Offline
YaBB Administrator
It's all about sharing!
Connecticut

They are better than the WMS too

Debi (aka Mom)
Smokers:
SunJoy horizontal with side firebox and installed propane grills for grilling or smoking

Reply #5 - Jan 8th, 2013 at 5:24am

Jonty   Offline
Yorkshire, Great Britain

That's good to hear, they do have some little features I like such as having temp probe holes pre-drilled.  A little thought goes a long way.

Reply #6 - Jan 8th, 2013 at 12:27pm

DeejayDebi   Offline
YaBB Administrator
It's all about sharing!
Connecticut

Yes Rick ? (I think that was his name ?) Listens to all the suggestions and did about all of them. smart guy!

Debi (aka Mom)
Smokers: