Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Deejays Smoke Pit

HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Really Small Type (Read 1170 times)
Dec 11th, 2012 at 3:20pm

mneeley490   Offline
Everett, WA

I'm having a problem with the type size in this posting box. The font is so small I can barely make it out. Changing to a larger font only increases the size when it's posted, but not in the typing stage.
It is the same on my work and home computers, so I don't think it's on my end.
Is there something I can do?

Char-Broil American Series side-smoker&&Char-Broil 5-burner propane grill&&22.5" Weber One-Touch Gold&&Stainless steel electric fridge conversion&&MES 30"
Reply #1 - Dec 11th, 2012 at 4:44pm

DeejayDebi   Offline
YaBB Administrator
It's all about sharing!
Connecticut

If you have a PC you can hit <CTRL>and + or - to change the size of the screen.

Debi (aka Mom)
Smokers:
ECB -The Brinkman All-In-One Bullet type Water smoker
Camp Chef Smoke Vault 24 Inch propane smoker(aka -Black Beauty)                      
SunJoy horizontal with side firebox and installed propane grills for grilling or smoking
River Grille - Black Ceramic Egg                  
Smoke preference: Charcoal , Hickory, Apple, Cherry and pecan mix.

Reply #2 - Dec 11th, 2012 at 6:52pm

vulcan75001   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Forever Proud
Danbury, Ct.

Using the ctrl +- will make everything you look at be larger or smaller...look at the bottom of the post/reply box here..under it is a line...just above the row of smiley faces that says max characters...remaining characters...on the right side there it says...text size...with a number...and a - + sign next to it...if it doesn't say 10 pt..hit the + sign to raise it up...try it see what happens... should make things work better..and it should change it as well on you're other computers...

Richard
Traeger BBQ075
Big Block Gasser   
Reply #3 - Dec 11th, 2012 at 10:02pm

mneeley490   Offline
Everett, WA

Ok, that changes the size of the whole screen. But the only thing that is small is the type in the Reply Box, and it is still disproportionately tiny even with a bigger screen.

Char-Broil American Series side-smoker&&Char-Broil 5-burner propane grill&&22.5" Weber One-Touch Gold&&Stainless steel electric fridge conversion&&MES 30"
Reply #4 - Dec 11th, 2012 at 10:07pm

vulcan75001   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Forever Proud
Danbury, Ct.

you obviously used the ctrl + -...instead of going down to the bottom like I mentioned and changing the text size there...give it a try..

Richard
Traeger BBQ075
Big Block Gasser   
Reply #5 - Dec 12th, 2012 at 1:53am

DeejayDebi   Offline
YaBB Administrator
It's all about sharing!
Connecticut

Not sure if it worked but I tried to make the default bigger. Should be 14 now insted of 12.

Debi (aka Mom)
Smokers:
SunJoy horizontal with side firebox and installed propane grills for grilling or smoking

Reply #6 - Dec 12th, 2012 at 2:01am

DeejayDebi   Offline
YaBB Administrator
It's all about sharing!
Connecticut

Looks like it only changes on my computer but like Vulcan said in this box you are typing in on the lower right hand side right past the end of the smilies, there is a thing called Text Size the dafault is 11pt you can make it any size you want. Not sure how to change the default. Mosy people give me crap for having large fonts because I am blind as a bat!

Debi (aka Mom)
Smokers:

Reply #7 - Dec 12th, 2012 at 3:18pm

mneeley490   Offline
Everett, WA

Much better! Found the "text size" thingy. I must have hit it accidentally somehow.
Thanks!

Reply #8 - Dec 12th, 2012 at 3:38pm

vulcan75001   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Forever Proud
Danbury, Ct.

Glad to hear ya got things looking better...When I said it should take care of the way things look on the other computers you use...I was thinking it may be like an e-mail account...look at something on one computer..it shows up as already read on other computers...same account..good luck..

Richard
Traeger BBQ075
Big Block Gasser   
Reply #9 - Dec 13th, 2012 at 6:47am

Slow q   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Official DSP Birthday
Guy!
S.C. Iowa

Hey it does work, COOL

40" MES S.S.-Brinkmann Horiz. Smoke-n-Pitmaster Deluxe with sfb & Brinkmann Vert. Gourmet Deluxe  Rival Elect Roaster/Smoker,
 5x8 AMNPS, We are trying different things and smoking funny things         
Reply #10 - Dec 13th, 2012 at 1:16pm

DeejayDebi   Offline
YaBB Administrator
It's all about sharing!
Connecticut

Mine still says 11 pt even though I changed the defaut in the program to 24 and it is printing t 14. Weird.

Debi (aka Mom)
Smokers:

Reply #11 - Dec 13th, 2012 at 1:17pm

DeejayDebi   Offline
YaBB Administrator
It's all about sharing!
Connecticut

Mine still says 11 pt even though I changed the defaut in the program to 24 and it is printing t 14. Weird.

Debi (aka Mom)
Smokers: